Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ain't No Mountain High Enough...

That's how I feel today.....like I can actually do this. I made it through my first REALLY sore day and work out that followed. I woke up in the middle of the night and it literally hurt to turn my head...ha....

But I got up and moving and put my workout clothes on.
The first DVD's we did today I bought at Lifeway Christian Stores for $5 a pieace after Christmas. They came highly recommended...they are:


We did the 1 mile workout, which actually was good. Not boring. She incorporated a lot of arm motions and kicks into. Then we did part of the firm walk. The upper body and lower body.  Then Rose almost made me cuss today...ALMOST...I didn't....there was child in the room. But the name of the exercise is slipping my mind. Basically, I had to go into a girls push-up form, on the knees, but then walk out my arms and put all of my weight on my upper body, with my butt down, and stomach not hitting the floor. I did it 3 times and counted to 10. It looks easy...but when you're holding 338 pounds of weight on your upper body, you want to talk about a serious arm and ab workout!?!?!? WHEW.....

It's so nice to be logging my food and entering my weight and actually seeing how many calories get knocked off my daily food chart by exercising. It's amazing. I'm almost having a hard time eating enough calories with exercise...and today is the FIRST day I haven't felt super hungry. Maybe I'm figuring out the balance of foods and when to eat them:)

I'm headed to Montgomery today to go to Sam's and Walmart and stock up on my health foods. Really excited about this shopping trip actually. And tonight I'm going to hang out with my friend. Probably grab a bite to eat....so I've started looking at menus and trying to pick out AHEAD of time what I'll have.

So...I gotta run for now...but...
food for thought....What obstacles are standing in your way of reaching your goals? The first few hurdles are tough, but I think with every one you jump, they become a little easier...and oddly...more exciting...

Just remember...
"Aint no mountain high enough....Aint no valley low enough...Aint no river wide enough!"

4 comments:

jazzdancer said...

The name of your favorite exercise is "The Plank (modified for the moment)." Next time we will increase to 5 Planks. You are doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Matthew said...

keep it up morgan! you are such an inspiration and i'm so proud of you!

adelheide said...

Awesome job!!!!

Unknown said...

Ahh, planks. Yes indeedy. My SIL helped me get whipped into shape for my wedding, and she had me doing those babies--on my toes for a full MINUTE...several times. And you'll get there too in time! You're smart to focus on the here-and-now and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Proud of you. You're making the kinds of changes that can last a lifetime...and those are the changes that truly WORK. Kudos!