Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Off the Wagon and Back on Again

Sorry again for the delay in posting.
This past week has probably been one of the hardest weeks emotionally in my life. Lots going on which I'll get into at a later time. At any rate....I haven't felt like doing much of anything. That and the fact that I was dealing with a hurt knee and ankle last week and this week I managed to pinch a nerve in my back.

I also have been a little more relaxed with my food than normal. But I'm turning over a new leaf today.

I did a Piloxing? video on Monday and at one point just ended up crying. I was so overwhelmed with life and frustrated with my injuries that I just had a little pity party and thought..."Morgan...why did you let yourself get this fat?!?!?" It only lasted for a few minutes. But I guess it was just one of those moments that needed to happen to get it out of my system.

Everyone asks me what I eat and I'll try to start giving you some sample menus, but I wanted to share one of my favorite meals so far with you. Last night I cooked a chicken breast with some sodium free ginger teriyaki sauce..chopped it up and put it on a bed of spinach, fresh mushrooms, a piece of string cheese cut up, 2 pieces of crumbled bacon, and Ken's Lite Accent Asian Vinegarette for 388 calories. I LOVED it. Here' is a pic...not the greatest presentation:



And for dessert, my favorite: Sugar Free Jello with chopped pecans, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries...yum!





That would be a somewhat typical meal for me.


Today, I drank a protein drink for  breakfast. I just can't seem to make myself do it 2 times a day yet....ugh...nasty. And then I worked out for an hour and twenty minutes. We did 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser Jumpstart, and 50 minutes of the Biggest Loser Yoga. This was the first time I've tried to do yoga. I always thought "big people can do that."....but I was wrong. I modified alot of the stuff on the floor and used the big exercise ball since my back hurt. I think it's actually something I'll TRY to do more often. The ball forces me to strengthen my core, which is what I need.

After we finished exercising, I asked Rose to check my measurements again because I haven't since Dr. B measure me ..which would be 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Here were the results:

Starting Measurements:            Current Measurements: 
Neck: 15                                     Neck: 15
Chest: 46                                    Chest: 44
Bicepts: L - 20.25  R - 19.75       Bicepts: L-18.25  R - 19
Waist: 42                                    Waist: 40.75
Wrist: : L - 6.75  R - 6.75            Wrist: L - 6.5  R - 6.5
Hips: 65                                       Hips: 63
Thigh: L-39.5, R  - 39.5               Thighs: L - 37.25 R - 37.25


So if my math is right, which is all know is a joke...that would make it a loss of 12.5 inches in 2 weeks! :)

Thank goodness I'm seeing some results. I'm working on moving this to a .com website so stay tuned!!!

Thanks for following me:)

Morgan

1 comment:

Kat said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Morgan! I have never been able to stomach protein shakes either, which is a shame, because I know I need more protein in my diet. I have tried the flavored powders and even the more expensive pre-mixed stuff that comes in little juice boxes. I hate all of it! I wish I could find something totally flavor-less like my benefiber powder. Let us know if the shakes get easier to stomach as you get used to them...

Kat