Thursday, January 7, 2010

God Moments..

Well, I had planned on blogging today about people pleasing...and I think I will at some point in the days to come, but around lunch time today, God sent a total surprise and blessing my way. My friend Rose, a member of the church I work at, came in my office and said, "Do you want to go to lunch with me and Robyn?"

Wow!!! "YES!" (You see...invitations like this have been few and far between so far...I was estatic).

** On a side note, I really admire Rose and how dedicated she is to improving her health and she had just sent me a great note regarding my blog. And will probably kill me for making a big deal about this. Sorry Rose ;)

Once at lunch, she and I split Grilled Shrimp Skewers and Green Beans. Prior to the start of this journey, I would have devoured both of our servings, but when its all that was on the plate..I ate it, and I was FULL. And I drank 2 glasses of water.  After we left there, she took me to the grocery store, and we spent 45 minutes walking the aisles, reading labels, and talking about healthy choices you can make. It was VERY educational and I really greatly appreciated someone taking the time to do this with me.

Upon returning to the church she showed me a website. www.livestrong.com  
We all know this in relationship to Lance Armstrong, but it is a website where you can track EVERYTHING...your meals, water intake, exercise...its phenomenal. And I THINK I can make my profile on it public so that everyone can see my charts and progress, accountability to meals, etc. I'm totally stoked.

Rose even told me she'd have my "healthy dinner" ready for me when I got off of work.

I do appreciate the kindness of Rose, but I'm not trying to praise just the person...I'm trying to make much of the ACTION.

Our journey in life, no matter how big or how small, is usually easier when other people come along side of us and support and encourage us. I know I say it every day, but I am BLOWN AWAY by the responses I've gotten from people who are going through all kinds of things in their life, but were encouraged by my journey.

I am humbled. And I am really starting to see this as something much bigger than me, and much bigger than my weight loss. I really want to be used to support other people in their journey and if this is the avenue by which it happens, so be it.

I have sent some of you an email requesting that you send the link to this blog out to our friends, family, and co-workers. Not because it's about me, but because it's about what God is doing in my life, something I could never do on my own. And somehow reading the struggles of a stranger can make us feel like we're not alone.

And as I was reminded AGAIN today...I am not alone....and YOU are NOT alone.
Thank you for walking WITH me..it sure does make the load lighter.

2 comments:

Monica Holtsclaw said...

Hi Morgan, What a great entry! This is a wonderful, encouraging blog. I've added it to my reader, and it has been inspiring me daily. Thank you so much :)

jazzdancer said...

Thanks for the kind words and glad I could help. I really had a good time at lunch also.

I look forward to seeing the progress you make. As time goes on all of this will get easier. I am lucky that my mom was able to help me(she taught all this stuff in one of her pe classes) so her knowledge of food, exercise, and nutrition came in handy. She is my support and backup system so that is what I would like to be to you. Its amazing how much easier things are when you have someone to talk to and to keep you on track when you are ready to derail (but I wouldn't talk to you like Moms do to their daughters--they can say things other people cann't).

Also, I love to cook so all this eatting, cooking, shopping, and nutrition stuff is fun and interesting to me. I was so happy to find someone that likes spicy food like me! You are a busy person like me so I had to find food and recipes that were quick, had low ingredients yet tasty at the same time--I will be glad to share them with you.

Again, thanks again for the kind words! Give me a call any time--we can be each others support system.