Monday, January 4, 2010

Everyone's gotta start .... I'm starting today.

Well, hello....Thanks for stopping by. This all feels a little awkward to me...to let people in on a very personal struggle and journey of mine. However....I'm learning the value of transparency and authenticity more and more everyday. People have recently shared their struggles and victories with me and it has challenged me and encouraged me in my life to know that I'm not alone.

So why "The Pleasingly Plump Diaries...?".....

I was recently at my moms house during Christmas and I came across a box of old pictures.
And let me tell you...something seriously happened between the ages of about 6 and 8...as in, I went from this adorable small little girl to looking like I had swallowed a small little girl. lol.. And that little girl has continued to grow...and grow.. I literally never remember being thin. I remember being in 3rd grade and my dad brought me home this pretty dress and my parents were so excited that a size 16 fit.....a size 16....third grade people. I'd give anything though to go back to those days..  I digress....  My grandfather (Papa), used to always say very matter of factly ..."You're not fat....you're Pleasingly Plump." It brought me a little comfort back then. And it stayed in the back of my head all through my school years when I was last to be picked for sports teams, walking the laps while everyone else ran, when those incredibly rude people would moo as they walked by...and as weird as it sounds..I think I'm better in some ways for it. I have a super sensitivity to hurting people and have such a heart for anyone who feels less than they should about who they are.

A few months ago after posting that I wanted to audition for the biggest loser on facebook, a dear friend of mine sent me the following email.."so here it goes....I'll only be emphatic this one time, and promise to never bug you about it again. You have TOO much life, too much spunk, too much to give to this world not to give yourself the gift of caring for YOU for a change. You run yourself ragged with your job, trying to be an amazing wife, trying to follow God's will, all to the tune of not enough sleep, I'm sure little time for exercise, and a stress level probably on par with Obama's :)

You have ALWAYS done this, always put others before yourself to the detriment of yourself, and its not helping ANYONE! You deserve an experience like this like no one else I know because you shine your light like no one else I know. So...I REALLY think you could have an awesome chance of being a contestant bc


-You have an awesome personality which is fun and spunky and adventurous

-You are a total hottie

-You have the drive to see it to the end

-You are loved by SO many people

-You are a total hottie, nuff said

So there's my soapbox, now I will step off. I triple dog dare you to try out.

Love you!"


So I told her I'd audition...and last time I checked..they hadn't posted the dates yet, but in the meantime...I decided that maybe I don't need a reality show (although it would be awesome and if any of you care to contact the Biggest Loser and let them know just how awesome that would be... go ahead) lol
Maybe I need to just be the average girl who struggles with her weight and wakes up one day and decides to do something about it...slowly but surely a day at a time.

It's hard for me to be honest and transparent, because I know that by divulging information honestly about my weight, I invite the critics and the naysayers...however...I believe in myself, and I AM going to do this...and I NEED the accountability of all of you.

So...stay tuned for the weigh in.... Sickingly, I know that I've made a dent into the 300's...I just don't know how far. Thanks for following me, supporting me, and loving me through the "pleasingly plump" years!

10 comments:

Matthew said...

i love you momo! this takes so much bravery and courage. Always remember Matthew 7:7 - "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

if you keep working for this goal good things are in store for you. i'll be keeping you always in my prayers.
-matt

collegestudentiam said...

I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you!!! I can't wait to follow this incredible journey and encourage you all the way!

-Claire

Unknown said...

You go, Morgan!! DO IT! You have accomplished so many things you've put your mind to..why not this?! :) You can do it and I'll be here for support, encouragement, advice, workout tips, and recipes. Just holler any time you need any of the above and I'm here for you!! I love helping people reach their health goals. In fact, some friends and I did a similar accountability project at this site: http://bodsquad.wordpress.com Perhaps you will find information and inspiration there, even though we have all since moved on to other things! :)

Abbi

Anonymous said...

You can do it! God blessed you with such an amazing heart and He wants you to take care of that heart!
Check out this week's People magazine (article: Half Their Size). It has some great stories about real people who lost weight without gimmicks or trainers or expensive meal plans.
I can't wait to see you in People's "Half Their Size" issue next year!
I'll be praying for you and if you don't mind I will ask my Girl's Prayer Group to pray for you too=)

Bev said...

Your blog is amazing. What strength you have to make this step. Just remember to take it one step at a time...one day at a time. I'll be praying for you.

MOMO said...

thanks for the encouragement. Absolutely share my prayer requests with your girls!

MOMO said...

ok rolsutigr...who are you? I can't gather from the name :)

Unknown said...

I'm pulling for your success! Maybe we can encourage each other! Hang in there! His will be done!

RSamperi said...

You go girl! I pray you will make it fun! I know it will be hard but so what. Some of the hardest things in life that we are willing to step out and do can be the most rewarding and fulfilling. So, when it gets hard and you want to give up - do it anyway. If people make fun of you and/or don't understand - do it anyway! If you backslide a bit - don't give up - do it anyway!

So, I want to hear how delicious broccoli is...how you dream about carrot sticks and celery and how fresh fruit is the most awesome dessert ever! We could all use a mindset change regarding what we eat. We don't eat near enough of the raw living foods. And...exercise...yippee! Cheering you on with lots of love from Texas...

nicnicbell said...

You are a much stronger person than I and I wish you all the success in the world!!! I love you and I am proud to call you my friend!!