Saturday, January 23, 2010

Miracles still happen...

Because.....I lost 14 pounds in one week. Shocked? Yes....so am I.
Last week when I weighed in at the hospital I was 328. On Friday morning, I was 314.
I stepped on the scale and had to call Rose over to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

I have no idea how this happened. I went to New Orleans last weekend and gave myself a free day. Had half of a fried crawfish poboy and a couple of drinks. Then twisted my ankle and wasnt able to really push myself through exercise. Ive had some major life stresses going on and thought for sure the combination of all of it would have set me back. Apparently...it jolted my system.

So...with the fourteen pounds.....that puts me at losing a total of 24 pounds in 19 days.

I promise you I'm not starving myself. I promise you I'm not an exercise fanatic (ask Rose). And I promise you I'm not taking diet pills. I guess I've just found a combination that my body likes.

It's been a really long weekend so far so I'm not gonna type alot tonight. Just wanted to give everyone an update. I've been meaning to keep it updated daily, but like I said...there's been alot going on.  Keep me in your prayers. I've been a little emotional lately and it's hard not to just reach straight for the "Comfort" food.

I have gotten some great emails, texts, and phone calls this week from people who told me about their successes and my inspiration. I'm so very honored that you consider me an inspiration. I will always try to live up to that.

Oh...one more thing. When I was at the Dr's on Friday. I told her that I had decided NOT to do the protein drinks. I didn't feel like with the weight I was losing that it was really necessary. She agreed and I thought all was well. Not so lucky....she then looked over my blood work results.  Everything looked normal and fine except for my insulin level. It was extremely borderline. With that information she leveled with me and told me that she really wanted me to do the protein drinks to try and get my insulin levels back down...not for weight loss. She said for me to look at it as a prescription that I needed to take to help me. When she put it that way...it was a lot easier to swallow. I only commited to doing it a month for breakfast and lunch, with snacks and dinner being what I'm already eating. We will test my level again in one month and go from there.

Grandparents on both sides were diabetic and its something I really want to take seriously and deal with.

On a totally different subject....I am setting a goal for myself. I want to run a 5k in September. So if any of you would like to go ahead and pencil that in on your calendar...that would be fabulous. Luverne, AL is home of the world's largest peanut boil. Normally that consists of a big metal shed with lots of boiling pots under it. Well this year they are turning it into a festival and my pastor Ken Jackson is organizing a Peanut Festival 5k run/walk. My friend Brian and I were making a bucket list the other day and on it I said I wanted to complete a marathon in my life time. So...this is my first step. I'm totally excited about it.

So mark your calendars for labor day weekend 2010. :)

Taking one step at a time,
Morgan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know that you are also one of the reasons my "muffin toppage" has shrunk these past couple of weeks. When I've felt tired from wrangling Asher all day and don't want to work out, I inevidably think of you and say, if Morgan is not giving up I DO NOT GET TO GIVE UP! So thanks for the encouragement. I hope this encourages you! (this is Karen by the way)

Unknown said...

Morgan you are doing great!!! It just goes to show when you are watching everything else & exercising then the few "treats" here & there are OK! You're the best! Keep up the hard work. Hugs to you!