Sunday, January 10, 2010

EXTREME VACATION IDEA....

If you know me really well, you know that there are 2 vacations I really want to take before I die....
1) Visit the Amish, see how they live, stay with a family and just see firsthand what their way of life is.
2) Go Storm Chasing

And now I have a 3rd....
The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge.


I realize that none of these are what most would consider a "vacation"..
1. I could live with no electricity and work hard with the amish
2. I could risk my life by getting caught up in a tornado
3. I could seriously work my butt off hours a day...

While I love sitting on a balcony at the beach, or being in a cabin in the woods....there is some adventure in me.

The Biggest Loser Resort is actually where they film the show.
This is a typical schedule while you are there:

Immerse yourself in a variety of indoor fitness classes in our gymnasium and aerobics room with Toning, Circuit Training, Indoor Cycling, Tai Chi, and Yoga. Or take the opportunity to experience an outdoor activity like Water Aerobics, Outdoor Mountain, or Road Cycling.

Sample of our daily schedule:
6:00 am - Open Gym or Class 
7:00 am - Breakfast                    
8:00 am - Hike / Walk
11:30 am - Water Aerobics
12:45 pm - Lunch
1:15 pm - Education Series: Cooking Demo
2:30 pm - Kickboxing
3:30 pm - Circuit Training
4:30 pm - Stretch
5:30 pm - Dinner

6:15 pm - Education Series: Intuitive Eating

*Schedule has seasonal changes
Other Classes during the week may include:
* Total Toning
* Cardio Circuit
* Living Drums
* Step-n-Pump
* Ball Works
* Core Strength
* Treading

Stretch

The cost is not terribly bad for room and board, the program, etc.

1 wk: $1595
4 wks: $5600
Plus the airfaire of course..its in southern Utah.

While I would LOVE to do the 4 week....I know it's probably not realistic...
So....this is my new dream vacation.

I feel like it should be an attainable one. I would like to try and save up enough to put a deposit down on a week and really plan and save

So...for any of you who are "typical gift exchangers" those that I normally exchange birthday and Christmas with.....this is what I want for Christmas and Birthday :) And then YOU will be personally invested in my health...sounds like a good plan, right? HA!

No... seriously...:)

Anyone want to go with me?

3 comments:

Lauren Zaffos said...

I'd love to go with you...seriously. However, my little critter is nursing and I can't be away that long yet. BUT, keep me updated and maybe we could make our own in Colorado this summer... :) MINUS the 1500+ dollars....:)

lorrie said...

Girl ... one vacation with us will do the trick. I'm the only person out of all of my friends who actually loses weight on trips. Justin doesn't believe in relaxing, and doesn't feel he's gotten his money's worth unless we arrive at dinner shaking because we are so hungry and collapse in our hotel bed (or tent!). I take him to the beach, buy him a drink and bring a book and say, "See, isn't this fun? All to no avail." SO, we're much cheaper - and probably more fun. Let us know when you guys want to join us!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'll go with you! :-) Keep up the hard work Mo! Love you!